Questions?

Coordinator
May 20, 2012 at 5:23 AM

Please list any questions you have in the forum, we will answer in a timely manner.

Mar 12, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Edited Mar 21, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Hi,

I'm having some trouble using XBeeClient in my aplication, can you help me?

I'm using :
- XBeeClient through .NET framework 4.1
- FEZ Spider Mainboard,
- With this (http://www.ghielectronics.com/catalog/product/314) XBee Adapter (connected to socket 9)
- XBees's S1 802.15.4 2.4GHz (http://www.digi.com/products/wireless-wired-embedded-solutions/zigbee-rf-modules/point-multipoint-rfmodules/xbee-series1-module). I also tried this with an 900MHz module.
My application:
- Measures data from sensors (accelerometer, gyro and compass)
- Sends the measuments regularly to a base station
- Does not receive anything, it only sends stuff.
The problem is that I keep getting this message in the Debug console:
- "Waiting for more bytes from serial port, message length indicates more bytes comming"... 
Which is:
- Not sending anything (the big problem, hahah)
- taking CPU time so the rest of my application doesn't work properly.
My debug console, when I test the system always looks like this:
__Read byte: 0x79 
Warning! The first byte read was not the StartDelimiter 
Printing Bytes Received History 

Read byte: 0xFF 
Read byte: 0xFF 
Message length: 0xFF 
Read byte: 0x24 
FrameType: 0x24 
Read byte: 0x88 
Correlation Id: 0x88 
Read byte: 0xFD 
Read byte: 0x00 
Read byte: 0xFC 
Read byte: 0xFE 
Waiting for more bytes from serial port, message length indicates more bytes comming 
Waiting for more bytes from serial port, message length indicates more bytes comming 
__
(...) ad infinitum.

Can you help me? I think this was supposed to be an easy job, but I just cannot get it done!
Developer
Apr 20, 2013 at 6:12 PM
I suggest making sure that the socket you are using is socket type K. This helped me with my XBeeClient project.

Socket Type K "UART (serial line) interface operating at TTL levels, with hardware flow control capabilities. Pin 4 (TX) is data from the mainboard to the module, and pin 5 (RX) is data from the module to the mainboard. These lines are idle high (3.3V), and can double as general-purpose input/outputs. Pin 6 (RTS) is an output from the mainboard to the module, indicating that the module may send data. Pin 7 (CTS) is an output from the module to the mainboard indicating that the mainboard may send data. The RTS/CTS are 'not ready' if high (3.3V) and 'ready' if low (0V). In addition, pins 3 is a general-purpose input/output, supporting interrupt capabilities."

Reference: